30th Annual WateReuse Symposium
30th Annual WateReuse Symposium
September 13-16, 2015
Water professionals attend the Annual WateReuse Symposium to learn about the latest innovations in water reuse, to network with colleagues, and to find solutions to critical water supply issues. Join us on September 13-16, 2015 in Seattle, WA for the 30th Annual WateReuse Symposium.
Call for Abstracts
We cordially invite you to submit an abstract to be considered for a presentation at the premier conference devoted to helping communities build a safe and sustainable local water supply.
To be considered for a place on the podium, abstracts must be submitted through the WateReuse website by Friday, February 27, 2014. Acknowledgement that material was received on time will be sent via email. Abstracts must be 650 words or less and submissions must include contact information and a selection of up to three subject areas.
Abstract Selection and Notification
The Program Committee will meet in early March 2015 to select abstracts and to finalize the Symposium program. For each accepted presentation, panel discussion, and organized full session, the Program Committee will assign the time and date of presentation on the conference schedule.
You will be notified by email on or around March 30, 2015 if your submission has been selected for the program. If you are selected for the program, you will also be notified of the date and time of your presentation.
Types of Abstract Submissions
- Individual Presentation: A 30 minute presentation from an individual speaker. The Program Committee will pair your presentation with similar presentations to create a session.
- Panel Discussion: An interactive discussion between multiple presenters, a moderator, and the audience. The abstract submission should provide a summary of the discussion and list the speakers and moderator.
- Organized Full Session: Multiple presenters will speak individually from the podium on a related topic and answer questions during a moderated question and answer period. The abstract submission should provide a summary of the discussion and list the speakers and moderator.
- Abstracts Due: February 27, 2015
- Authors Notified: March 30, 2015
- PowerPoint Presentations Due: August 24, 2015
All presenters are required to register for the conference and to pay the applicable registration. If the primary author is unable to attend the conference and has made arrangements for someone else to present, that person must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee.
The conference schedule and registration form will be available in May 2015 on the WateReuse website. The registration form will list the conference registration fees.
Abstract Subject Areas
- Decentralized and Satellite Reuse: Examples of How It Makes Sense
- Desalination to Ensure Reliable Water Supply
- Industrial Reuse: Securing Water Supply and Maximizing ROI
- Innovations in Industrial Reuse (F&B, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas)
- Innovative New Reuse Technologies and Solutions
- Innovative Policies and Regulations that have Pushed our Industry
- Obstacles that Should no Longer Matter
- Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products
- Public Outreach: Lessons Learned and Suggested Guidelines
- Real-Time Monitoring and Control for Reuse
- Regulations: New Trends, Equipment Validations, and Full-Scale System Acceptance
- Reuse System Economics and Efficiency
- Reuse Treatment Train Design: More Efficient Configurations
- Success Stories that have Pushed our Industry
- Urban Environment: Potable Reuse or Non-Potable Reuse or Both?
- Water Reuse and Energy
- Water Reuse Design and Construction: Case Studies
- Water Reuse for Community Resilience
- Water Reuse Permitting and Financing: Case Studies
- Water Reuse System Optimization: Case Studies